[TYPO3-core] RFC: C#6859 Clean up/Feature of db_new.php. Adding flexible newWizards

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Sun Dec 9 23:21:00 CET 2007

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Malte,
>
> I started looking at your proposal. The code works but there's a lot to
> check and I haven't time right now to make a full review.
It takes time, but the new functions are great ;)

  I do have a
> couple of remarks though, so I thought I would spell them out already:
>

> - I find the proposed update to the Core API doc a bit confusing,
> especially about the "level" property. If I find the time to test your
> RFC properly I'll try to come up with suggestions.
Have any better idea for "level"? It's the level of a tree. But perhaps
there is a better word for it.

> - In the same doc, I must admit I don't understand the following
> sentence "You can also group tables of an extension, so the list gets
> more readable" and there's no example to explain it.

I will add one full one...

Here a short example one

- News: tt_news (disableNewTable and a wizard with "disabled")
-- Topic (simple table wizard)
-- Category (simple table wizard)

Perhaps there could be a flag in the TCA where you can automatically
create this order by.

Is there a possibility to get the ext via TCA[table]?
Or can we walk through the extension and the through the tables?

> - And a small thing. The description for the new key "hideNewTable"
> appears twice.
Ok. Copy and Paste ;)
> - Would it be possible to move the new page wizard to an outside class,
> similar to the new content wizard, so as to be more coherent? That way
> the "self" value could be dropped for property "path".
I have thought about that. But I'm not sure, if it should be done in an
other patch.

> - I understand that the "Page (after)" is a special case, but I find it
> disturbing to have it marked as a wizard, since it doesn't lead to the
> wizard when you click on it. IMO the icon should a normal page icon.
Ok. It is only the path ;)

> - On the contrary the bottom-most item "Create a new page" does lead to
> the wizard, but it doesn't appear in your list of newWizards in the TCA.

I have thought about that. I would like to remove it because it is also
in the normal list.

> Apart from that I am globally very positive about the concept and I hope
> I will have time to dig deeper into it.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out a little bit.

Perhaps you have some more ideas...

Cheers,

Malte