[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Fri Dec 7 09:14:44 CET 2007

Hey,

this'd be my solution. we'd:

a) remove the TCA configuration and the SQL definitions from the trunk.
b) put all the info into an extension "old_content_text_styles" in TER.
c) have an update manager that says that the old styles are going to be
removed and if you are using them (we could probably do a SQL check to
see) you can install them manually from TER using the ext above.

The DB fields wouldn't be deleted automatically then, only if an admin
goes to the "DB" section in the installer and then drop the fields
explicitly!? If an admin does this and doesn't know he uses these fields
(which nobody should use anyway since 4.1) then he is ultra-uncareful.

could we agree on that solution?

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "Uschi Renziehausen" <typo3news at otherone.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1195172887.677.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>> I would be *very* carefull when removing those fields. There has to be a
>> check whether any of those fields contain data. Otherwise some
>> unexperienced admin will play around with the configuration options and
>> destroy a whole project.
>>
> i have this in my mind. Possible is in Installtool / All configuration a
> flag to remove, whis is by default off.
>
>> Also, it would be nice, if I could decide which fields I do want and which
>> ones not.
>>
> this is possible atm with TCEFORM
>
> TCEFORM.tt_content {
>  text_properties.disabled=1