[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6903: Translated language files are not loaded

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 6 11:13:43 CET 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request

Branch: trunk (a combination of bugfix and new functionality)

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6903

Problem: If extension's or core language file contains section for another language (either partial or full) and external translation file exists in language pack (possibly more complete), than that external file will never be loaded. It is enough to have even empty section for non-default language to prevent external translation files to be loaded. According to Kasper, all translations must be moved to external files now to minimize amount of loaded strings and load only necessary translations from TER.

Solution: The attached patch gives priority to external file if it exists. One one hand this is a change in concept, on the other hand this change is required if we want to have proper translations. Otherwise work of translators may be useless for some extensions.

This change should be described in NEWS.txt of course.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team