[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Dec 5 14:09:20 CET 2007

Hi!

Correct if I'm wrong...

For the Backend:
The tables are stored in the temp_...ext_tables.php. So the file is
generate once until it is removed. So you already have one big file.

For the Fronted:
I have get it completly until now...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> Ok, if they should be merged you only load them once.
>> But instead of merging them, you could splitt them to several files
>> and get some speed and get more readable code...
>
> I do not think it will give improvement.
Why it is not an improvement to load several small files instead of the
several times a big file?

My idea (new):
t3lib_div::loadTCA('sys_domain');-> include('my_ext/tca/sys_domain.php')
t3lib_div::loadTCA('fe_users');-> include('my_ext/tca/fe_users.php')

Now (old):
t3lib_div::loadTCA('sys_domain'); -> include('tca.php')
t3lib_div::loadTCA('fe_users'); -> include('tca.php')

So if you call the function t3lib_div::loadTCA($table) 100000 times in a
minute/second (what ever) you have to include 100000 x 24KB = 2,4MB or
you have to include 100000 x 5KB (in average for each file) = 0,5MB.
So for every extension (it does not matter which one) with several
tables (all with dynamicConfigFile to the tca.php) you have to include
the tca.php for each table again...

  FE always loads pages,
> tt_content, sys_domain, fe_* and cache_*. So it is not worth to have
> them in dynamic file. The other thing is BE, it normally does not need
> fe_* or cache_*. So we can move pages & tt_content to static file

They are already in one file except the columns of fe_users and
fe_groups. So they would be directly in the cached-ext_tables.php.

  and
> the rest to another single file and use require_once to load it.
The rest is loaded via normaly the cached-ext_tables.php.
And if you put them all in one single file you have to some how use
t3lib_div::loadTCA($table) in some scripts. And there you include the
dynConfigFile.

Cheers,

Malte