[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6784: new sysext fe_login

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Dec 4 20:31:46 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 04.12.2007 19:51:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Patrick Gaumond wrote: on 04.12.2007 18:28:

>>> Already done in 2005...
>>>
>>> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/defaultstatic_tmpl/0.0.2/
>>
>> This seems to be the "easy part" of the a) task. While a nice start, the
>> real job comes with moving "content (default)" and its brothers and
>> sisters
>
> Is it that hard? After all they are just TS templates. Ok, they are
> currently in the DB, but do you have to do more than pasting their
> contents into a file?

It is probably not "hard" when you take a detailed look at it, but it
requires that detailed look. For example content(default) used to be
"static template 43", and this is "hardcoded" in addToPI43 to let
extensions add-on to this template (fe-plugins). This is probably easy
to fix.

And another aspect is the order of loading of static templates: For
being backwards compatible the order must be respected and moving
"static templates" to "static templates from extensions" will probably
make them load in a different order than before. Template Settings like
"Static template files from T3 Extensions" that can be:

- Never include before this template record
- Default (Include before if Root-flag is set)  or
- Always include before this template record

scare me, because they have to be considered when upgrading.

> BTW, I'm quite happy to let "content (default)" live in cms, but not as
> static template. It can be loaded with the (not so) new method.

This means also letting

- styles.content (default)
- styles.sitemap.text
- styles.header.gfx1

in cms, because they are loaded by "content(default)". I would be ok
with that. And move all rest to a "cms_deprecated".

Cheers,
Ernesto