[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6784: new sysext fe_login

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Dec 4 19:00:24 CET 2007

Patrick Gaumond wrote: on 04.12.2007 18:28:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>
>> a) move all shipped static templates to a sysext (cms_obsolete)
>
> Already done in 2005...
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/defaultstatic_tmpl/0.0.2/

This seems to be the "easy part" of the a) task. While a nice start, the
real job comes with moving "content (default)" and its brothers and
sisters and my mentioned b) (which you trimmed in your answer) part
which is is the "real job": to provide a backwards compatible upgrade
path when you move that. So "already done in 2005" is not correct.

>>> I always tought somethink like the Template-Repository from Joomla
>>> would be
>>> something nice for T3 - where such a part is really missing !!!!
>>
>> These new tasks are of course also very nice, but I have seen people
>> talk about this for years and noone seems to be wanting to invest their
>> time in it. Maybe take a look at http://yaml.t3net.de/ and integrate
>> that into core for a start?
>
> Our own Dmitri also did some for TV based templates:
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tmpl_andreas01/0.1.3/
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tmpl_andreas09/0.1.0/
>
> And this page from the Wiki is also a good source:
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_templates_repository
>
> Patrick
>
> PS: Special thanks to Dmitri for those TV ones, those are my "Dummy
> templates demo" every time I need to show TV...

Cool stuff!

Cheers,
Ernesto