[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6784: new sysext fe_login

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Dec 4 14:43:58 CET 2007

Hi Masi,

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1196775401.5002.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Branches: Trunk only
>>
>> Bugtracker Reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6784
>>

>> The new login sysext is a refactored newloginbox with complete
>> redirect-framework. It replaces the "old" login form
>
> And so does the "better login" extension, which is not a sysext. Why
> should this one become one? Not that I'm really against it, but I only
> wonder what makes this one different.

these was a request, because newloginbox is the one most used (and
downloaded). The Problem was that noone really had the time to bugfix and
make further developing. So after long discussions i did this one. Sure,
there are several login-Extensions, but fact is that the current solution
doesn't fit the needs.

> Also note that tt_content may have now a flexform for each content type,
> so it's perhaps possible to enhance the current login content element
> without the need of an extension.

flexform is one thing, processing the other. This flexform is integrated
with new method from latest flexformpatch from Ingmar.

vg  Steffen