[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6237: Hook request for Web>Page plugin "additional info" display

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Aug 30 10:54:06 CEST 2007

Hello Ernesto,

> The select_key is not being used anymore by the majority of extensions,
> which now usually opt to use pi_flexform for storing setup
> configuration. So it would be nice to be able to display some other
> information instead of "CODE:".
>
> The proposed hook provides enough flexibility so that extensions can
> display whatever they want on that place for their plugins (some setup
> from flexform, maybe even a list of records which will be displayed, or
> whatever else might be interesting in this overview).

this would be a good improvement.

However I think it is not fine to call this hook for every extension.
Imagine you have an extension tx_example and written a hook to display the
flexform on this page for this extension, then its hook function will also
be called if the plugin is for extension tx_anotherexample.

The hook should contain also the key of the extension for which you want the
replace the CODE field.

 - Franz