[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature request #5748 - Disable indexing of metatags in inexed_search

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 29 13:25:33 CEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

> Problem:
> The system extension indexed_search does index meta tags, which is fine in
> general but might not be wanted in some cases.
>
> Solution:
> Introduce a new TS option that makes indexing of metatags configurable.

That's fine. However, consider that it's not common that TypoScript
properties are set by default. Usually the property is then
called "disable...", but this again looks pretty weird in this context.

I would recommend therefore that we add the following three lines on top of
typo3/sysext/indexed_search/ext_typoscript_setup.txt:

config.index_enable = 0
config.index_externals = 0
config.index_metatags = 1

This will also make things clear when comparing the settings with the
TypoScript object browser.

> Change in TSref [tsref:config/->CONFIG]:
> Add this after the description of index_descrLgd.
>
> Property: index_metatags
> Datatype: int
> Default: 1

Use "boolean" instead of "int"!