[TYPO3-core] RFC: t3lib_BEfunc::getRecord() does not free recordset

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:41:49 CEST 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> I find it is a good practice to free recordsets when you are not using
> them anymore, but I don't think this will cause any "memory leak", even
> with persistent mysql connections. As far as I know all recordsets are
> cleared automatically by PHP as soon as the script ends. At least with
> MySQL. See http://www.php.net/mysql_free_result

This is what manual says. As far as I know, object is bound to
connection and really removed when connection is closed. In case of
persistent connections, they (connections) are not removed and
associated objects stay in memory too. Indirectly this is confirmed by
constant Apache memory increase if persistent connections are enabled
even if number of connections does not change. I tested it with PHP4,
may be something changed since that time. But I feel it is better to do
clean up. Who knows how it really works.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs