[TYPO3-core] RFC: t3lib_BEfunc::getRecord() does not free recordset

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 18 15:27:43 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 17.04.2007 20:50:

> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: trunk and 4.1
>
> Problem: t3lib_BEfunc::getRecord() does not free recordset. This may
> cause memory leaks if persistent mysql connections are enabled in PHP.
>
> Solution: free recordset.

I find it is a good practice to free recordsets when you are not using
them anymore, but I don't think this will cause any "memory leak", even
with persistent mysql connections. As far as I know all recordsets are
cleared automatically by PHP as soon as the script ends. At least with
MySQL. See http://www.php.net/mysql_free_result

Cheers,
Ernesto