[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #4914: Adding some more Date Conditions to class.t3lib_matchcondition.php

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Wed Apr 4 09:54:05 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> date("z") is "day of year". I know "Julian date", which is the number of
> days a long way ago (eg Julian Day 2453179.00000 is June 22, 2004, at
> 12:00pm) and the day begins at noon, not midnight.
>
> So +1 for the patch, but please name it "dayofyear" to avoid any
> confusion with a Julian Date or the Julian Calendar.

Feel free to submit a RFC for renaming it but please consider what e. g. is
written on the Wikipedia [1]:

<quote>
Historical Julian Dates were recorded relative to GMT or Ephemeris Time, but
the International Astronomical Union now recommends that Julian Dates be
specified in Terrestrial Time, and that when necessary to specify Julian
Dates using a different time scale, that the time scale used be indicated
when required, such as JD(UT1). The fraction of the day is found by
converting the number of hours, minutes, and seconds after noon into the
equivalent decimal fraction.
The term Julian date is also used to refer to:
Julian calendar dates
ordinal dates (day-of-year)
The use of Julian date to refer to the day-of-year (ordinal date) is usually
considered to be incorrect.
</quote>

The article doesn't say that it is inocorrect, but usually considered to be
incorrect if you referer to julian day as ordinal dates.

[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Day#Julian_Date>

Cheers,
Andreas