[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5266 RTEhtmlarea is not loading in new Firefox 2.0.0.3

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Sun Apr 1 11:14:23 CEST 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there should be a separate announcement for the RTEhtmlarea bugfix on
> www.typo3.org (and/or news.typo3.org) describing which RTEhtmlarea
> version is compatible for which TYPO3 version.
> Some of the new issues at the bugtracker show that this is mixed very
> often, e.g. TYPO3 4.1 with RTEhtmlarea 1.4.4 from TER. We know that this
> does not work, but our users don't. Thus, we have to inform them.
> What do you think?
Separate announcement is good. Besides that it is wise to use the
dependencies in ext_emconf.php right. Right now the dependency for 1.4.4
states 'depends on typo3 4.0-0.0.0'. When uploading a new version to the
TER, also mention the version in the upload comment. This upload comment
is visible in the TER, so people know for which TYPO3 this version of
rtehtmlarea is. This was also done with the recent security fix versions.

Patrick