[TYPO3-core] Planning 4.1

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Sep 15 13:00:30 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>
>> ....and there's still the wish to be able to completely disable
>> workspaces.
>

> This is not possible, core is now deep in workspaces. However if people
> do not use them, it is the same as if workspaces do not exist.
>
> It is possible to switch off workspace module + workspace selector. When
> people do not use workspace module, there is nothing that reminds them
> about workspaces. I think this should be a solution.
>
> If Kasper approves it, I can do it. The plan would be to move workspace
> module to _system_ extension and to manage workspace selector
> effectively depending on the installation of such extension. As a side
> effect we can get an API to install applets to bottom frame (nice thing
> I suppose).

Yes, this is what I had in mind. Versioning is tied into the Core but the
UI is an extension. We seem to agree that it is possible for Workspaces as
well.

So I do appreciate your suggestions and am looking forward for implementing
  it.

Masi

PS: I'm willing to help out in fixing the Workspaces bugs and feature
wishes I have filed.