[TYPO3-core] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Sep 12 11:28:04 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> I agree with Dmitry that there is a time-gap between the context menus
>> are requested and they appear. But I have never heard anyone complain
>> about that time gap. I suppose it happens only on slow servers??? Some
>> opinions?
>
> Nope. I have a dedicated and optimized (for typo3) server. It never
> overloads even at very hard peaks. It usually no more then 1.0-1.5 with
> several active sites there (looking to /proc/loadavg) at peaks. Right
> now it averages to 1.24, ~700 mysql queries per second.

...and now it dropped to 0.61... ~50rq/s for Apache.

I think people do not complain about it because it is inconvenient but
not too critical. You know, you may not like wall color in apartment's
building but do not complain about it. You take it as given. I did not
complain about it either but now we have a chance to make it right from
the beginning. (This one reason I "fight" for ajax framework). It is
much easier (and cheaper) to do it right than to change it to be right
later.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/