[TYPO3-core] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Sep 12 11:18:03 CEST 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> I agree with Dmitry that there is a time-gap between the context menus
> are requested and they appear. But I have never heard anyone complain
> about that time gap. I suppose it happens only on slow servers??? Some
> opinions?

Nope. I have a dedicated and optimized (for typo3) server. It never
overloads even at very hard peaks. It usually no more then 1.0-1.5 with
several active sites there (looking to /proc/loadavg) at peaks. Right
now it averages to 1.24, ~700 mysql queries per second.

Problem happens when Internet communication channels are [over]loaded or
server is far from client (editor). Then loading ajax data over network
mat take several seconds. People are unwilling to wait more then 2
seconds for menu to appear. They are used to get menu immediately when
the click anything.

I experience this quite often because our local Internet provider sells
cheap but slow Internet.

It is good when server and client are on he same local network
(especially on 127.0.0.1). But if they are on different subnets, it
becomes a problem. Our editors immediately noticed this when we changed
to 4.0rc1. They said menu is much slower than it was.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/