[TYPO3-core] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Sep 12 10:31:23 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
> > I don't think that we should ask _everyone_ about their favorite AJAX
> > framework. The decision must be made by those who are going to use it,
> > definitely.
>
> How do you know who is going to use it? :) This choice affects system in
> general, many people will be forced to use this framework.

We're talking about a framework which will be integrated in the core because
that will depend on it. This will be used by a few people only, so Kasper (=
HCI leader) surely knows who is going to work with it.

Other frameworks can still be used as extensions (like Elmar did with xaJax).
There is no conflict with this of course.

> > Plus the decision should not be made because of sympathies for a specific
> > framework, it should rather be based on a specification catalogue. Who is
> > willing to set this up?
>
> This is why I voted for xajax: it has very good integration with PHP and
> generates JS automatically from PHP calls.

So your requirements is only PHP integration and nothing more? I doubt that
this is enough... (again: no discussion here please, use the HCI list for
further feedbacks)

> > In any way, please continue further discussion about this topic on the
> > HCI list so the rest of involved people can join it.
>
> Ok...

Thanks :-)

- michael