[TYPO3-core] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 12 09:24:53 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>

>>>Ingmar, Sebastian and a few of us have already picked prototype.js (with
>>>possible inclusion of add-ons like scriptaculous) since it is widely
>>>used, slim and JS-only (which means we do our own PHP coding). The new
>>>AJAX page tree uses it already, so I'd very much appreciate an official
>>>endorsement of prototype *before* the framework war starts.
>>>

>>Yes, It will be included in the core anyways when the "ajax page tree"
>>is ready and committed.
>
> Jepp, we settled on this weeks ago.
>
> We'll definitely include prototype.js with the possible addition of
> scripaculous or other prototype based effects/widgets libraries.

Can't recall a vote but I rembemer that a short prototype description was
satisfactory to me.

So I suggest that Michael Stucki (or perhaps Kasper himsel) announces the
choice on all lists. Of course prototype should be available to scripts via
some API (even if it only a spec where the JS code lives within the Core).

Masi