[TYPO3-core] Re: OT: TRUE vs. true

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Sep 8 10:24:54 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> TRUE is not just a string, it is a constant defined somewhere at the very
> beginning of the PHP parser.
>
> I think that TRUE points out that this is a constant, though they also might
> be lowercase of course.

It is defined in the PHP manual as "case-insensitive keyword".

> There is one exception where I think you should not change the case:
>
> There are two comments in class.t3lib_matchcondition.php in your patch:
>
> + break;        // only TRUE AND TRUE = TRUE, so we have to break here
>
> Same for OR: I suggest to keep it lowercase here because this makes it
> easier to read the highlighted AND/OR.

Where is that "AND/OR"? :confused:

> For the rest, do what you prefer :-)

I still want a patch to have only required changes. Michael, we cannot
put anything unrelated to patches and commit using bug reference! It
will be much harder to understand what was really a fix and what was
just along side modification.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/