[TYPO3-core] Commits to SVN

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Thu Oct 26 17:39:22 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:

>> Secondly, the "alt_main_new.php" for the HCI menu bar and stuff.
>
> As for the naming of the file, my preferred name would be "main.php",
> instead of ng_main.php, because some day I'm sure the AJAX backend is
> used by most of the users, and then it's sensible to call the mainly
> used one "main.php" and the rarely used alternative "alt_main.php".

Or base.php, start.php, backend.php, ... Anything but the - sorry -
ridiculous alt_main_new.php. That'll put pnly a smirk in other OSS
project developers.

> - UTF-8 by default
>    -> Martin Kutschker has been working on UTF-8 for filenames, but I
>       think there's nothing going on at the moment to make UTF-8
>       default.

Not true. I have a patch ready that changes the BE-label cache into
UTF8, so we don't need to convert on every output. I'll be working on it
to make this happen in FE as well.

Other UTF8 stuff I'd like to add are UTF8 URLs for simulate static (all
"new" browsers handle this well) and UTF8 URLs in the TYPO3 log (AWstats
can handle them with a plugin).

> I'd propose a feature freeze on 15. November (is that enough time for
> the HCI stuff?) and have the release two weeks later. What do you guys
> think?

I'd like to add another feature and this is the read-only file mount. I
really want to make the WS thingy usable in 4.1.

And what good is a feature freeze if nobody has the time to test (my)
patches? I and Dmitry are currently the only ones contributing and I
think we both don't want to be pressured if there is so little support
for our work.

Masi