[TYPO3-core] RFC: compact flexforms

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Oct 20 09:45:36 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> While working on this patch I found two issues in Install tool:
> - if variable value is FALSE, it is displayed as empty in install tool,
> so I had to use 0
> - there are no descriptions in install tool for several new variables
> (could not find where they are)
>
> Should they be reported as bugs or new install tool will handle it?

As for descriptions: if they are missing in 4.0 we should add them. As the
4.0 installer does not handle booleans well it should be changed to convert
booleasn values into 0/1.

As for 4.1: is there any progess for the new installer. I have been told we
have 1 feature freeze on 1st November. But given that nothing of interest
has happend I wonder if this will be postponed.

So, if it's not too much hassle I would add the patch to both trunks and
not wait for a new installer which might not see the day of light.

Masi