[TYPO3-core] RFC: compact flexforms

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 19 12:01:53 CEST 2006

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Branch: trunk only!

Feature: enable creation of compact flexforms (= without indentation
spaces and new lines). Make it configurable and set it to off by default.

This patch follows array2xml patch posted earlier.

This option allows to save database space if the are many plugins that
use flexform configuration. Similar will go to templavoila.

Just an example: it saved 532 bytes for a single flexform with two
elements in it, 0.5Kb*5000records = 2500Kb=2MB of [useless] data for one
of my sites only for 'pages' table. Good improvement for daily backups.
Not very useful for small sites but large sites clearly can benefit.

While working on this patch I found two issues in Install tool:
- if variable value is FALSE, it is displayed as empty in install tool,
so I had to use 0
- there are no descriptions in install tool for several new variables
(could not find where they are)

Should they be reported as bugs or new install tool will handle it?

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs