[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 18 12:39:05 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:

> One question: Did you intend to cache the "complete" TCA for a table (so also the part
> contained in tca.php) or only the 'ctrl' section from ext_tables.php - so do you still
> want to load the tca.php dynamically ?

It was my plan that I want to serialize the complete TCA for a table
once all ext_tables.php have been process and run. When each table is
loaded separately there is IMHO no need to "preserve memory" by loading
crippled TCA info*.

The execution of the entry "dynamicConfigFile" may be either run at
serialization time or at load time of the TCA of a given table. I tend
to do it at serialization time.

But your post reminds me that the TCA cache has to be cleared whenever
the EM updates localconf.php, because of configuration based TCA
settings in ext_tables.php

Masi

* Given the amount of memory TYPO3 allocates during page rendering I
doubt that the TCA counts much.