[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Oct 18 09:43:56 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

> Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> >
> > It is logical that tables
> > extended by extensions should always have all fields in TCA - in BE as
> > well as in FE. This is because also the database table's fields are
> > always the same and you never will get only a subpart of them if you use
> > the '*' in a select query.
>
> In theory yes, but you'll never know if somebody has a
> "if(TYPO3_MODE=='FE')" in his ext_tables.php.
>
> I'm not sure if it makes sense to have different TCAs for FE and BE. The
> only thing which I can imagine different are labels.

I think both should be always the same because you also have the same
database table fields.

There is a 'showRecordFieldList' in each TCA. This should be used to
make some fields to disappear in every frontend application if it is not
listed here.

I have only seen
"if(TYPO3_MODE=='BE')"
within extensions.

An other solution would be to introduce a new file ext_tca.php within an
extension. And only these extensions would use the new feature.

Greets,

Franz