[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Oct 17 14:14:07 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

Le mardi 17 octobre 2006 à 11:47 +0200, Martin Kutschker a écrit :
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Martin Kutschker wrote:
> >
> >> Because it is a wrong solution. But for Christs' sake I will do
it.
> >> But because I have only limited time I don't want to hear any f***
4.1
> >> deadlines. So expect it done when it's ready.
> >
> > Ok :) Hope, it will work for Franz as well.
>
> But I have one request before I do anything.
>
> I want a review of my proposal. It will affect (if broken) the TCA, so
> want to hear some opinions. Is it correct? Is it good? Are there
better
> options?
>
> Mind that I suggest to remove the typo3conf/temp files. Will it break
> compatibility if we store only the TCA on do not execute the code in
> "ext_tables.php" every time? IMHO it should not matter if the
> ext_tables.php files are clean and do nothing but TCA manipulation.

Well, certainly some extensions having additional code in ext_tables.php
would not run any more. However I think that is the extension author's
fault and a misuse of ext_tables.php. He could easily move his
configuration code into ext_localconf.php as well.

I agree your proposal is the much better solution, however it is very
much more difficult than this easy function. It is logical that tables
extended by extensions should always have all fields in TCA - in BE as
well as in FE. This is because also the database table's fields are
always the same and you never will get only a subpart of them if you use
the '*' in a select query.

Greets,

Franz