[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Oct 16 08:25:24 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

Le jeudi 12 octobre 2006 à 11:00 +0200, Martin Kutschker a écrit :
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> > "This function expects the caller to ~know~ about" I guess?
> >
> >  > This is a no-no.
> >
> > Why? I do not see problems with it.
>
> I want to write extension E1 and need to load the TCA of table T1 my plugin
> P1. I should be able to load the TCA via a call, but I currently can only
> do this by loading the complete TCA. A waste of resource, but no show stopper.
>
> To avoid this Franz seriously suggests, that I have to list all extensions
> E2 to EN which I - the deveolper!!!! - know to modify the table T1. Sorry,
> but this is rubbish.

This method has already been in use for at least 2 years!

See
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sr_feedit/0.1.1/info/pi1%
252Fclass.tx_srfeedit_pi1.php/

We did not find any other way for extension authors to solve this
problem.

> Any plugin must be able to load the TCA without such external knowledge. I
> have suggested a better scheme, but there might be others. The point is, if
> anyone has to track which extensions modifies a table then it is the EM. *
>
> But even then I don't think it should be done on a per-extension basis. We
> should find a clever way to get only parts of the TCA **, but the presented
> function definitely is not the way.
Does this mean this method won't come into a 4.0.x version?
Static_info_tables needs this method very urgently in order not to
become dependant from another extension.

Who wants to do this additional coding for a new TCA handling?

Greets,

Franz