[TYPO3-core] RFC: new function loadTcaAdditions in t3lib_div

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Oct 12 11:00:50 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Why? This function expects the caller to about the installed extensions.
>

> "This function expects the caller to ~know~ about" I guess?
>
>  > This is a no-no.
>
> Why? I do not see problems with it.

I want to write extension E1 and need to load the TCA of table T1 my plugin
P1. I should be able to load the TCA via a call, but I currently can only
do this by loading the complete TCA. A waste of resource, but no show stopper.

To avoid this Franz seriously suggests, that I have to list all extensions
E2 to EN which I - the deveolper!!!! - know to modify the table T1. Sorry,
but this is rubbish.

Any plugin must be able to load the TCA without such external knowledge. I
have suggested a better scheme, but there might be others. The point is, if
anyone has to track which extensions modifies a table then it is the EM. *

But even then I don't think it should be done on a per-extension basis. We
should find a clever way to get only parts of the TCA **, but the presented
function definitely is not the way.

Masi

* There is already such knowledege about the table itself (added columns),
but not of subtle changes of the TCA.

** I sometimes wonder if the clever way of configuring by PHP allows too
much flexibility instead of a text/xml configuration.