[TYPO3-core] Usability

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Oct 13 10:42:05 CEST 2006

Hi!

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> - How would you react if the usability team came up with a catalogue of
> changes to the core that they decided will improve usabilty and asked
> you to implement it?

Depends on the feature. I do not know who is in HCI team and do not know
how closely they work with real people. I generally have common requests
from all customers (like custom start module, better news handling, etc).

> - Would you do it?

May be, it depends on may factors. Some features may look useless to me,
so I would not invest time to them (unless paid), some can be those
asked by my customers, so I will be more than happy to fix them.

> - On which terms?

(
- If they are not against my own feelings (like some from Tapio)
	AND
	(
	- If they are the same as my customer's concerns
	OR
	- If they are simple
	OR
	- If they are inside my extensions
	)
)
OR
- If they are paid
OR
- I have nothing else to do

> - Are any of you on the HCI team and why/why not?

Reading newsgroup.

> - How many feature requests or bugs did you solve during the last month
> that was not a problem for yourself or a client?

Mostly realurl/templavoila/mininews but I plan several fixes for core
too. I keep them assigned to me and will start working on them when I
have many enough of them. It is easier and more effective to concentrate
on one project (= core or mininews or realurl or templavoila) than to
switch from one to another all the time.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs