[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 registration

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 29 15:33:12 CET 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm kind of tired of not knowing within some certainty how many
websites run on TYPO3. I would like to do one of the following;

- Add an image reference in the backend to an external image at
http://logo.typo3.org or so; This will offer referrer statistics from
which we can deduct domains of running sites and some idea about
distribution etc.
- Or add an image reference like http://stats.typo3.org/image.php?
extensions=[list of extensions]&version=4.0.1; This will offer
knowledge about installed extensions and TYPO3 versions in addition.
- Make an Ajax call to http://stats.typo3.org/image.php?extensions=
[list of extensions]&version=4.0.1 (like above) which returns message
if there are security issues or any news related to the extensions /
T3 version. That will be shown to Admins in the backend.
- Make a registration form like "Register now | Register later |
Never register | Update registration" in the Install Tool. This would
submit extensions, version, domain records etc (possible with option
to exclude some info).

Of course, lots of privacy issues are involved. In any case I want
such features to be possible to disable by a TYPO3_CONF_VARS, but by
default I would enable them.

Please, let me know what is a good way...

- kasper
kasper2006 at typo3.com | +45 20 999 115 | skype: kasperskaarhoej |
gizmo: kasper_typo3

	"Peace be with you till we meet again