[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #3666: permissions of versioned pages are not changed in draft workspace

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Nov 17 21:06:09 CET 2006

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
"When you change the access permissions of a page in a draft-workspace and
apply the changes recursively, the changes are not applied to subpages
which already have a new version in this workspace. The permissions are not
changed with the original versions either.

Solution:
"I located a bug in typo3/mod/web/perm/index.php (class
SC_mod_web_perm_index), function getRecursiveSelect. This function creates
the select-box for choosing if and how many levels the permissions should
be set recursively.
The problem is that this function always uses the id of the live-record as
supplied by t3lib_treeview::getTree. This function returns an array of
pages, each with some fields from the page-record. One of the supplied
fields is _ORIG_uid, which is the id of the workspace-record with
versionized pages.

To fix the bug, I extended the function t3lib_treeview::getTree to add a
attribute orig_ids_hierarchy to the current instance of the object.
Normally ids_hierarchy is used, but this contains only the uids of the
life-records.
The new attribute is used instead of ids_hierarchy in
SC_mod_web_perm_index::getRecursiveSelect, so this function now respects
the versionized pages when creating the select-box."

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3666

Branches: TYPO3_4-0 & Trunk

Comments:
- Again, this solution was written by Andreas Wolf - thanks!
- I did not test this by myself yet - will do next week before committing,
  just wanted to let you have a look now already...

Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out