[TYPO3-core] t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue hook fixes

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Nov 17 13:25:40 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> No. The hook has the $fieldName in it's defintion, but it simply will
> never get any value.

You did not understand my point. If any ~extension~ calls this function
(t3lib_befunc::getFlexFormDS) in old way, it will fail. You are trying
to change API function, which is bad.

> Have a look at t3lib_befunc::getFlexFormDS() and
> the call of the hook. You'll see $fieldName. Now grep for
> getFlexFormDS() in the Core. Ouch, noone bothered to pass $fieldName to
> getFlexFormDS().

I did that and I agree that this is bad and should be corrected. But I
am against making that parameter mandatory due to possibly broken
compatibility. API functions cannot change signatures freely. We agreed
already once that if parameter is added, it is added to the end of
function and made optional. This preserves compatibility.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs