[TYPO3-core] t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue hook fixes

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 17 13:10:36 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Proposal:
>>
>> Add the $fieldName to all calls. Additionally make it mandatory in 4.1
>> (so extensions have to play the game correctly).
>
> Same as before: modifying existing hook is a bad idea because makes
> existing extensions incompatible. If we preserve default value, it is
> better.

No. The hook has the $fieldName in it's defintion, but it simply will never
get any value. Have a look at t3lib_befunc::getFlexFormDS() and the call of
the hook. You'll see $fieldName. Now grep for getFlexFormDS() in the Core.
Ouch, noone bothered to pass $fieldName to getFlexFormDS().

>> Another problem is the purpose (and history) of the hook. The inline
>> comment states that is shall allow the changing of a DS with
>> Typoscript. But for this the hook is misplaced. getFlexFormDS() is not
>> only called by TCEforms, but by TCEmain, transferdata and even the
>> import/export extension.
>
> So, inline doc is wrong...

Yes, should be changed as well. I suggested a way how to achieve what the
wrong comment/hook tried to implement.

Masi