[TYPO3-core] 4.1 - How far are we?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Nov 16 13:30:07 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Generally, I cannot say when. I wouldn't hold back 4.1 for this. In
> fact, I don't like working on the HCI issues under a time pressure due
> to its experimental nature. For a release we could remove the
> alt_main_new.php document temporarily (or insert a die() call which is
> better...)

Actually, I'd really love to have at least some of the HCI stuff in 4.1.

Couldn't we just ship what's there already (alt_main_new.php) as an
alternative to be chosen in the "Select navigation mode:" option of the
User->Setup module?

Would it require much work to make this usable for a first start, and do
you think the API is stable already? I think it'd be good if you listed
what's missing, so others can do the remaining steps in case you don't
find the time to.

cheers
Ingmar