[TYPO3-core] FYI: bitwise & is not portable SQL

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Nov 11 17:07:19 CET 2006

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 09.11.2006, at 09:05, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> As usual... I hate Oracle...
>
> They are all equally bad, it only depends on the point you look from. :)
>
> As I write in that thread on the dev list I am working on fixing this in
> DBAL. I have not yet found a way to not use & at all in that case. If
> anybody has an idea, please tell me...

For this special case:

Make the Core function so that the code that generates the query can
easily be changed in an XCLASS. Make DBAL test explicitely for Oracle an
run the query directly, so no SQL parsing code interferes with BITAND().

But I don't understand why the SQL parser cannot simply ignore
functtions it doesn't know.

Masi