[TYPO3-core] indexed_search breaks on PostgreSQL

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Nov 9 12:31:08 CET 2006

Hi!

The "final" query of the search "execFinalQuery()" seems to have relied
originally on a Mysql peculiarity. It used columns in the SELECT clause
that were neither part of an aggregate function nor listed in the GROUP BY
clause. AFAIK this is non-standard and works only on Mysql.

To resolve this someone added ALL columns of index_phash to the SELECT
clause. That is all but one: freeIndexSetId.

So now the statement is broken.

For 4.0 I suggest to add freeIndexSetId to GROUP BY. This works fine on
PostgreSQL and the indexed search works again.

FOr 4.1 I suggest to rethink the statement. I'm not sure if I understand
this correct, but may it should only group on index_phash.phash. The
corresponding rows for each phash must then be read in separate queries.
Having all those fields in GROUP doesn't feel right ;-)

Masi