[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2278 -

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 7 14:06:40 CET 2006

Hi Dmitry,

> This looks like a new feature for me. If .htaccess changes were banned
> from typo3-4.0 (went only to trunk), this should be banned as well.
> Otherwise it is inconsistent: some features may come in, others (even
> not code changes!) may not...

You are right, see my note:

| I am fine with adding such hooks to the stable version - they won't break
| anything for sure and may help to reduce the dependency on a new version
| for users of this extension.

Actually the hook does not change anything since it is just used on demand.

In the case of your .htaccess changes, I think we concluded that we cannot
100% guarantee that this won't break anything. For example, I remember
having seen a server error with Apache on Windows even though the .htaccess
code was absolutely correct.

The main difference between the .htaccess change and such a hook is that
this will be used automatically as soon as it gets applied.

Still this would not speak against adding new TypoScript attributes to a
patch-level version. That's why I am still raising the question if hooks
should be allowed for these versions or not?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out