[TYPO3-core] bug 3486: Add fileadmin in Element Browser in DRAFT workspace

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 24 14:00:01 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> rupert germann wrote:
>
>>Type: missing feature
>
> I afraid this is not missing feature but behaviour by design: no file
> operations *for anyone* in draft workspace.

>>the draft workspace.
>
> -1 for the patch until Kasper approves it.

I just asked him on another WS related problem and he said he won't be able
to do anything about it for some month :-(

 > I think he is the only who
> can tell for sure how it should work for admins. Logically - yes,
> fileadmin module should be there (because admin has access to
> everything) but workspaces prohibit any changes to file system while
> working in draft workspace. So, if fileadmin is visible, it have to be
> readonly. Easier to disable it completely. Admin can easily switch to
> Live if he needs to access fileadmin.

Hello! We're not talking about *write* access to the file system.

The big issue is that noone (even the admin) can add or change a (text
with) image content element, because he cannot *browse* the file system in
the element wizard.

This cannot be per design. That's simply - sorry - stupid. What good is
DRAFT if I cannot edit my content properly?

Masi