[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bugs #3397 (submit as image) and #2938 (editIcons)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 22 19:54:17 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 22.05.2006 18:18:

> Problem 1: graphical submit is rendered with IMAGE and a str_replace
> which leaves unwanted image attributes in the input element. Can be
> solved by using IMG_RESOURCE.

Yeah, that was some ugly code we had there.

> +							$image=$this->IMAGE_RESOURCE($conf['image.']);

The method is called "IMG_RESOURCE"?

> +						if ($image)	{
> +							$fieldCode=sprintf('<input type="image" name="%s"'.$elementIdAttribute.' src="%s" />', $confData['fieldname']);

I would suggest not mixing %s with $variables in sprintf formatting.
This was already fixed in CVS in the FORM routine. Just move the
$elementIdAttribute the a %s instead.

And where is the $image being placed in the <input> tag in this code
fragment? It is missing at the end of the sprintf() call.

This looks untested to me. :)

Other than that it is probably also a "backwards compatibility" issue if
you change this. TSref [1] documents the "image" property for the FORM
cObject as a "IMAGE (cObject)". This makes no real sense for a submit
button, but there might be people using properties from the IMAGE
cObject [2] that aren't present in a IMG_RESOURCE [3].

I think only altText and titleText make sense here. You might want to
handle those specifically in this code fragment. And you have to correct
TSref from:

->IMAGE (cObject)

to:

->IMG_RESOURCE (cObject)
+.altText (stdWrap)
+.titleText (stdWrap)

So that it is backwards compatible and correctly documented.

> Problem 2: editIcons have two title attributes (one is hard coded to
> en empty string). Can be solved by removing the empty attribute.

+1 for this.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1]