[TYPO3-core] [Noise] Google releases AJAX toolkit

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat May 20 17:39:52 CEST 2006

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> Hi,
>> Full ACK.
>>
>> Additionally I think we're pretty much on the safe side with Prototype,
>> since a lot of other big project are also using it (Ruby on Rails,
>> Symfony, Plone and Zoop as well as JavaScript libraries like
>> scriptaculous, rico or moo.fx), which guarantees continuous and stable
>> development.
>>
> +1 :)

Ok, I had a look a Prototype now. Am I correct that Prototype itself is
just one big JS file? So, if we need any server-side stuff we must do it
on our own?

I'm asking because for reading the previous discussions I had the
impression that some frameworks include fancy server-side objects and
all. This is the kind I didn't want.

So +1 from me for switching to Prototype. If we need server-side stuff
we could still reuse t3lib_ajax, which should be deprectated (if it
isn't already).

Masi