[TYPO3-core] [Noise] Google releases AJAX toolkit

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri May 19 09:36:54 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> PS: I still favour the
> lets-pick-a-small-toolkit-and-do-a-TYPO3-conversion-on-it-approach. That is
> take the code and run (aka "fork").

I'm not even sure *what* to convert specifically for TYPO3 in e.g.
prototype.js - it's simply a collection of smart convenience methods for
doing DOM manipulation and AJAX calls in JS, nothing more, no PHP or
whatever integration as that only gets in our way sooner or later...

Why not simply use that (integration is as hard as linking one JS file
in all HTML headers)? If somebody wants something more fancy, we can
still decide about writing that ourselves or use another toolkit (like
scriptaculous for Drag'n'Drop) on top of prototype. With this approach,
we'd get just as much magic as we need...

Cheers,
Michael