[TYPO3-core] [Noise] Google releases AJAX toolkit

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri May 19 08:55:01 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> IMHO it doesn't fit. If were embracing a 3rd party toolkit, we should stick
> to something that doesn't leads to more dependencies that we have today.

Full Ack. In fact, anything more than a slim and clean JS abstraction
layer (including the notorious AJAX caller methods) seems to add more
complexity than advantages for us. The large full-stack AJAX frameworks
tend to force you too much into their logic (as do basically all
frameworks), especially if they're coupled with server-side logic.

Greetings,
Michael