[TYPO3-core] [Noise] Google releases AJAX toolkit

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu May 18 16:55:02 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Hm, I don't see the point. Why should I program in Java if the plattform
> is Javascript.

It is easy (just what came to my mind immediately but I can find more!):
1. If you program in JavaScript directly, you have to care about
cross-browser support
2. There are good support for objects in JavaScript, only ugly hack that
represents objects through function
3. You have to care about interacting with server code (convert objects,
etc)

Using GWT, you do not have to care about it:
- you do not think about browsers at all
- you pass normal strictly typed objects
- you can exchange native data between client and server code
- GWT takes care about translation between JS and J
- GWT takes care about cross-browser code
- You can use powerful Eclipse debugger with stack traces, watches,
display, inspect, step back, etc.

This is why say that it is huge advantage. In fact I am trying to make
one project with this technology right now. So far goes well. I am only
starting but if I were guru in GWT, it would go much faster than with
HTML+JS+CSS+PHP+Smarty (my usual choice). I need only Java+CSS now.

Dmitry.