[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #3138: css_styled_content margin bug

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 17 11:10:19 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> This is a CVS patch request (my first one!)
>
> Type:
> 	Bugfix
>
> Problem:
> 	Since TYPO3 4.0 RC3, creating a content element of type "Text
> 	with images" and setting the position of images to be "in text,
> 	left" or "in text, right" (NOWRAP!), the text is misaligned if
> 	its longer than the image-block height. Right after the
> 	image-block ends, the text flows 10px to the left (or right) in
> 	the default setup (or {textMargin}px, if this constant was
> 	changed).
>
> 	As pictures speak more than a thousand words:
>
> 	http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/fileadmin/t3/bug3138-beforefix.png
> 	http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/fileadmin/t3/bug3138-afterfix.png
>
> Solution:
> 	For Firefox/Gecko we set a margin-left on the text block so that
> 	it is aligned right to the images-floated-block. This was not
> 	regarding the text-margin which was added in RC3. As this is
> 	done in TypoScript, I added a new register that includes the
> 	image block width and also the text-margin.

"rowwidthwithtextmargin"? argh!
How about "rowwidthplustextmargin" or simple "rowwidthtextmargin"?

Ok, it's only registers but the readability of "rowwdith" is not very good.
Please, let's use interCaps for registers as well: "rowWidth"

But anyway +1

Note: don't add the Changelog to your diff.
Tip: create the Changelog entry when the path got the ok.

Masi