[TYPO3-core] CVS Problems

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed May 10 11:04:13 CEST 2006

Hi Andreas,

> > Me too. See Sourceforge status page (don't have the link present).
> > They're having hardware trouble with the CVS server again.
>
> The status of SF.net services can be viewed on their status page [1].

Meanwhile I know it of course. Looked at it yesterday but didn't have the link
at hand when writing this mail.

> Since they are having no luck with their CVS servers we should think about
> switching to Subversion provided by SF.net.
>
> My idea would be to make the switch when TYPO3 4.0.1 is out. Any other
> ideas on that?

Whatever you prefer. I also remember discussions about a switch to a private
server and using some tool Peter recommended (can't remember) which combines
Subversion and issue tracker. What about this? What is better?

I suggest someone who is interested in this explains the pros and contras of
both solutions so we can make a decision quickly.

- michael