[TYPO3-core] Correction to charset setting in t3lib_htmlmail

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Mon May 1 12:31:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>
>>> This is a CVS patch request. Type: Bugfix Description: When invoking
>>> t3lib_htmlmail from the frontend
>>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['metaCharset'] is not always set.
>>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->metaCharset should rather be used.
>>>

>> Hm, shouldn't be TSFE->renderCharset be used?

IMHO, yes.

> I don't think so. metaCharset is the charset of the final output, and
> therefore should be the charset of the html mail.

.metaCharset is just used for telling the browser which charset is used
(html-tag, xml-prologue, http-header), while .renderChrset actually does
a conversion.

If only renderCharset is used (&& no BE|forceCharset) than renderCharset
should be used as well for conversion *and* for information about the
charset used (html-tag, xml-prologue, http-header)

> The point of this patch is that currently, when config.metaCharset is
> not set, the charset of the mail may be incorrectly set to the charset
> forced in the backend.

Dont know about that but IMHO .renderCharset seems to be the way to go.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101