[TYPO3-core] Remaining steps to final - RC3 on Sunday

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Mar 31 21:45:45 CEST 2006

Hi core guys,

we're getting closer, the list of blockers is decreasing. After talking
to Stucki, here's an update and request for comments about the steps to 4.0.

Please *everyone* read carefully through the following list of stuff to
do and see where you can help.

== Blockers (issues that must be resolved before a release) ==
   Patch sent, waiting for *your* approval:
    * Peter: Element browser fixes
    * Ingmar: CSS imgtext bugfixes from Ernesto
    * Sebastian: Single-click undo fix for undo/history

   Not fixed yet:
    * Dmitry: fix for custom workspace creation (planned on 01-02.04)
    * Kasper needs to clarify whether the bug #2531 "Versioning a page
      breaks all MM-Relations" is still open

== Nice to have's ==
    * Karsten: EM should ignore dependencies on weird version numers
      such as 0.0.2
    * Stucki: Install Tool warnings about missing directories: Try to
      auto-create them
    * Upgrade wizard usability must be improved (it needs at least
      someone looking over it and improving the descriptions and labels
      to make clear what the update wizard actually does and
      does not do)
    * Stucki: Install Tool warnings about missing directories: Try to
      auto-create them
    * Admin Panel looses GET vars when submitting (#2868). If nobody
      fixes this, we'll just revert to POST for RC3

The latest version of that list is from now on in the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Core_Development

So we need another RC in order to mainly test CSS-imgtext,
Single-click-undo and the Element Browser fixes.

I guess those three patches can be committed to CVS tomorrow (please
give your +1s), so I suggest to have RC3 on Sunday. As those patches are
quite limited in scope, I think they can be tested by the community
within 3 days, which would mean we could release 4.0 final on Tuesday,
if no new issues popped up in the meantime.

I can't say whether the extensions that were promised to be delivered as
stable versions with TYPO3 (DAM/DBAL/TemplaVoila/Workflow) are also
ready, but I have a pretty good feeling about the stability of the Core.

What do you think?

cheers,
Ingmar