[TYPO3-core] OT: Question about indexed search behaviour

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 29 10:11:19 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

You should use the Admin Panel, Open the TypoScript menu and select
the first four checfkboxes. Then, hit a page and in the bottom you
will see a message from indexed search about why it did or did not
index the page.

The indexer tries to avoid re-indexing if possible. So it checks the
mtime of records used to render the page and there are some minimum
time between when it gets indexed and not. Also it will eventually
check that the content destined to be indexed has actually changed
from a hash known for the system - but that should of course not be
the problem I suppose.

Make sure you read out that debugging information - very useful, it
will tell you why!

- kasper

'
On Mar 29, 2006, at 9:37 , Michael Stucki wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I will have to spend some time on this later today, so perhaps you
> can help me
> out with a little more background info:
>
> Once a page is indexed by Indexed Search, it will not get reendexed
> even when
> the content of the page has changed.
>
> What speaks against clearing the indexed search data of the page
> whenever the
> content has changed?
>
> Regards, michael

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"