[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #2956: table-less XHTML 1.1-ready template

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Mar 26 19:29:42 CEST 2006

This is a CVS patch request.

"Problem"
<quote from bugtracker>
It would be nice if indexed_search would be shipped with an optional
table-less template.

 This is a table-less, css-based template which validates against XHTML 1.1
and is as accessible as I could get it.
 The same CSS classes as in the default template are used.

 An example CSS (used for basic layouting) is in the header of this
template.
</quote from bugtracker>

Solution:
Do it.

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2956

Comments:
- Of course this is a feature, not a bug. However, it is introduced in a way
that doesn't touch any of the existing functionality.
- I would be happy to commit this patch before RC2 because I offered the
author of the template that I will add it when he finishes it (honestly, I
didn't expect any results ;-))

The patch is splitted in 2 parts:

Part 1 (tmpl_css_pre.diff / ..._w.diff) contains some indenting changes AND
fixes two issues with a) missing htmlspecialchars for section indexes, and
b) invalid (number-only) anchors when sections are used.

Part 2 (tmpl_css.diff) implements the new template which is completely
optional, not touching any existing behaviour. To make the CSS changes
independent, I've started to add additional classes called
"<short-class-name>-tmpl-<tmpl-name>" to the "class" attributes. Example:

class="tx-indexedsearch-percent percent percent-tmpl-css"
       ^ Full class name        ^ short ^ template specific

Since I don't want to wait for this before RC2, I will wait one hour before
I will commit this change.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out