[TYPO3-core] RFC: More stylesheet fixes

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Mar 20 20:20:20 CET 2006

This is a CVS patch request.

Problem:
Some login-screen changes that have been applied to the stylesheet (for use by
the new skin) are not good enough to fit for all browsers. Additionally,
there is  a problem in all browsers that the background frame is too short
when a wrong password has been entered.

Solution:
Test & fix the problems.

Comments:
- Successfully tested on Konqueror 3.5.0, Firefox 1.0.4, Opera 8.5, IE 5/5.5/6
- Of course there was a good reason for moving the comment to the above line.
The problem is that IE (argh!) doesn't accept whitespaces (outside of tags)
inside a table cell. Even if there are no letters, a blank character will
cause a small line to be drawed below the login image (see screenshot).
- As you may guess from the patch version number, I spent quite a lot of time
on this, so you can safely trust me that it works :-)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
- While playing with this, I noticed that the cookie-warning [1] is never
displayed anymore. It seems like it does not work since 3.8.0 - can anyone
please confirm this?

- michael

[1] "Yeah, that's a classic. No cookies, no TYPO3.<br /><br />Please accept
cookies from TYPO3 - otherwise you'll not be able to use the system."