[TYPO3-core] menut-type sitemap: a gremlin?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Mar 20 09:33:56 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:15:50 +0100 (MET):

> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > I noticed recently what we all know but don't think about: the
> > menut
> > type "sitemape" has the Startingpoint field, but doesn't use it.
> >
> > I propose to make the field "menu_type" a subtype for CType "menu"
> > and remove Startingpoint from the sitemap.
>
> Visually it is already a subtype.

You know very well that IÄm talking about a TCA subtype.

> I would not be happy if form reloads each time when type changes.

You probably change the menu type just once.

> Only sitemap/not-sitemap change should trigger reload. I do not
> remember if typo3 has a userFunc to check for reloads and afraid
> there is not way to add reloading without userFunc.

I don't think there is such a logic. A type or subtype change *may* be configured to reload the form.

> Otherwise I would vote for removing starting point in this case.

We can configure a subtype without configuring it for update request. So pages will appear/disappear without notice *after* you have saved the form.

Any opinions? I recall that I tried to use Startingpoint when I made my first sitemaps. I had to dig into TS to see that's it is not used. And I have seen questions on the list concerning this issue.

Masi